- Snorkel the reef
- Go parasailing
- Tour the Hemingway House
- Enjoy margaritas & cheeseburgers in paradise. Our favorite burger on the island can be found at Blackfin Bistro–the diablo burger–and the best margarita is at Kelly’s, especially during happy hour.
- Sample the key lime pie
Fun Local Customs & Quirks
- Locals are called “Conchs”
- Watch out for chickens around the island
- Take advantage of the Southernmost Instagrammable Moments; Like the Southernmost Buoy and the Mile Marker 0 sign, both on Whitehead Street.
- Sunset Celebrations night. Watch at La Concha Rooftop or book a trip on Fury Commotion on the Ocean to escape the crowds.
- Rent a bicycle for an eco-friendly way to explore all the little side streets in Old Town.
Hidden Gems Only A Local Would Know
- Southernmost House pool
- Exploring Sandbars and mangroves in the backcountry. Experience this on the Island Adventure eco tour.
- Besame Mucho. The best boutique on the island!
- Tropic Cinema. Everything you could want in a historic movie theatre.
- Fisherman’s Cafe. Great seafood shack in the Historic Seaport with Florida Lobster Tacos
Places For People Watching
- The Porch. It’s a great wine and beer bar with an eclectic local crowd.
- The Garden of Eden… You’ve just gotta see for yourself!
- Mallory Square. Touristy spot where all of the street performers and artists congregate at sunset, but should be mentioned
- Schooner Wharf. It’s a great outdoor bar with quirky characters at the Historic Seaport.
Cocktails & Drinks
- Virgilio’s–hello, Martini Monday!
- point 5. Upstairs at nine one five.
- Blue Heaven. Always a classic.
- Conch Farm. Great happy hour!
- The Green Parrot. Everyone’s favorite bar.
Well, those are the picks. What do you think? Let us know if we left out one of your favorites!