Enhanced Safety Measures For Our Guests
We take great pride in setting the standard for Watersport safety on our tours, and we’ll continue to set the bar, by implementing additional measures for employees and guests to ensure a safe and healthy vacation experience. We’re adhering to the guidelines provided to us by the CDC and State of Florida, as well as instituting our own additional precautions.
Here are the full details on our enhanced health and safety regulations:
For Our Guests
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrivals. If temperatures are = or > 100ºF (38ºC) – they will not be allowed to participate.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available.
- Touching customers belongings will be minimized when possible.
- We will be disinfecting all snorkel equipment following each use, but we encourage guests to bring their own snorkel gear when possible. Additionally, we will have snorkels available for purchase if desired.
- Flexible reservations including a 4 hour Cancellation Policy prior to your trip departure time.
- Every person over the age of six, while physically located in the City of Key West and who is away from their residence, is required to wear a mask, regardless of whether social distancing is maintained.
For Our Captains & Crew
- All staff is encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- All staff must immediately report to management if they’re feeling ill or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrivals and monitored daily. If temperatures are = or > 100ºF (38ºC) – they will not be allowed to work.
- All staff must wear face masks, and will be encouraged to wear gloves, at all times. Facial masks must cover mouth and nose, all materials accepted due to the shortage of medical masks. Exception will be when giving safety/instruction speeches.
- Frequent hand washing will be required and disinfectant hand sanitizer will be available for use at all check-in locations and aboard all vessels.
For Our Vessels
- All vessels equipped with hand sanitizing stations.
- During each tour, crew members will regularly disinfect risk areas such as railings, table tops, bars, restroom door knobs, faucets and toilets if equipped.
- Immediately after each tour, the vessel will again be sanitized with disinfectant solutions, including all areas on the vessel that have had the potential of being touched – even if it wasn’t knowingly touched.
- At the end of the day, each vessel will receive another deep cleaning with disinfectant solutions. All surfaces will undergo sanitizing even if they could’ve never been touched.
Food Preparation & Handling
We make sure to follow extreme precaution when handling all food distributed on our tours, and we’ll be implementing additional measures to continue achieving such high standards of care.
- All food served on our vessels are prepared by Food Handling ServSafe certified staff and regulated by food safety guidelines.
- All trips are excluded from self serving. This includes beverages, to eliminate guests touching bars, coolers, and service areas.
- All foods are served by crew members for additional health and safety protection.
- Food handling and serving on Fury Water Adventures vessels is at all times following the standards set by the Florida Department of Health. Staff is continually trained by certified food managers.
- General equipment used, like but not limited to, Life Jackets, Snorkel Gear, Kayaks, and Paddleboards will be sanitized with disinfectant solutions after each use.
Payment & Check-in Locations
- Plexiglass counter shields will be used at the check-in booth and regularly sanitized throughout the day.
- Credit Card swipers will be available for guests to use themselves so they can swipe without touching.
- All pens will be used once, then placed in a sanitizing bin before reusing.
- All boarding passes will be paper single-use only.
- Counter tops will be frequently disinfected.
Additional Comments or Concerns
If you have any questions or comments about our enhanced safety measures, please send us an inquiry via our comment form and select ‘Safety Measures’. Someone on our team will connect with you within 24-48 hours.
Giving Back To Our Community
Our island community means so much to us and we’d like to share how members of the Fury Family are showing their commitment to the community.
Crew Members Kara and Sy fed the entire staff on multiple occasions at the Florida Keys Advanced Urgent Care, where Fury Captain Suzy Jo also works as a Registered Nurse. To help with the shortage of medical supplies, Captain JB donated multiple boxes of medical-grade gloves to the same facility. Our Marketing Coordinator Kyra, helped make and distribute approximately 400 face masks at no charge, both locally and across the country.
Additionally, the Fury Family ventured out to local beaches to remove trash and debris. While it was a successful clean-up, they were pleasantly surprised by the reduced amount of trash collected.
If you are looking to socially distance with a private group, we recommend chartering your own boat! Click here for more information.